St. Paul, MN, US
Salary Range: $45,000 to $55,000 Annually
Reports to: Executive Director
Position open until filled
About the Ann Bancroft Foundation
For 24 years, the Ann Bancroft Foundation (ABF) has supported Minnesota girls in grades K-12 to realize their highest dreams.
ABF strives to eliminate barriers for girls to achieve their dreams and offers tools that will allow a girl to feel supported along the way. Through grants, mentorship, and ongoing development opportunities, ABF gives Minnesota girls the strength to imagine something bigger and achieve their full potential. To date, ABF has awarded more than $2 million in grants to over 5200 girls throughout Minnesota.
ABF exemplifies the spirit of explorer and educator Ann Bancroft, whose leadership and personal and historic achievements have inspired many to courageously take on new challenges. Bancroft organized and led the first-known all-woman expedition to Antarctica, becoming the first woman to reach both Poles across the ice.
ABF operates with a passion for making a difference in girls' lives and chooses to partner with like-minded individuals and organizations to cultivate an environment that supports girls in the achievement of their dreams. The ABF community is diverse, inclusive, connected, accessible, transparent, healthy, and supportive. ABF encourages members of this community to be bold, courageous, and innovative. We take pride in the growing pool of people who eagerly claim membership in our community.
As a key partner to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of ABF and its facilities, ensuring that its stakeholders have the environment, information, and equipment they need for optimal engagement and performance. The ideal candidate promotes a positive and inclusive culture by collaborating to encourage team building, identifies and escalates issues, ensures efficient processes, and maintains mission focus.
- Maintain operations and procedures, collaborating with Executive Director and staff to respond to changing priorities
- Maintain consistent awareness of operations and make recommendations that increase efficiency, maximize operational budget, and nurture team culture
- Procure and maintain office equipment, including working with vendors and suppliers and assisting with use and troubleshooting of equipment
- Set up and maintain databases and filing systems, including office and vendor contact lists
- Manage facilities needs, ensuring all spaces are appropriately cleaned and maintained
- Order all supplies and maintain inventory, and anticipate needs
- Field incoming calls and correspondence, supporting the team with shipping and mailing needs
- Partner with finance business partner to manage in-house accounting activities (e.g. deposits and check requests) and serve as a local point of contact for questions regarding accounting processes and procedures
- Partner with IT business partner on hardware, software, and network needs
- Partner to onboard new hires, support the implementation of talent and culture initiatives, and handle other staff related-matters
Partner to the Executive Director
- Support Executive Director with board meeting scheduling and planning, including preparation of meeting materials
- Attend board and committee meetings; draft meeting minutes; maintain rosters and contact information; act as board and committee liaison for organization/board information, schedules, etc.
- Manage Executive Director’s schedule, including with donors and potential donors, and program contacts
- Serve as a thought partner to the Executive Director regarding improving the experience for staff, grantees, donors, and stakeholders
Database Management and Development
- Act as the lead in managing the donor’s database, DonorPerfect
- Research and implement ongoing database optimization measures
- Record gift entry, donor data, event registration, and donor engagement efforts
- Handle confidential information and maintain donor data integrity
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Development Director with cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of individual and institutional donors
- Act as first-impressions liaison and shepherd general questions regarding the organization
- Assist Program Manager with granting process
- Assist Program Intern on special projects as needed
Communications & Marketing
- Contribute to external communication efforts, including newsletters, social media postings, and website management
- Assist Communications Manager and Intern on projects as needed
- Staff ABF events
- Assist with admission, ticket sales, and sponsorships
- Facilitate collection of attendee information
- Handle day-of cash and credit card transactions
Perform other duties as assigned.
The Operations Manager must believe in and be a passionate advocate for ABF’s mission. A strong applicant will possess these qualifications:
- Minimum four years of operational and office management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully juggle multiple priorities
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and relationship-building skills with a strong focus on an inclusive and positive environment. Must be able to build trust and interact with stakeholders and staff at all levels and with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Agile and resourceful problem solver with a solutions-over-obstacles approach
- Excellent judgment and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Proficiency with a wide range of software and engagement tools, including CRM systems, Constant Contact, mail merges, Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word), and facility for basic technical troubleshooting
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred but not required
HOW TO APPLY
ABF is committed to the recruitment, selection and development of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Qualified candidates are encourage to email a current resume and thoughtful cover letter articulating your interest to email@example.com