Let Me Play Grant Program
Let Me Play grants fund sport, athletic, & dance equipment or participation fees for girls in grades K through 12, giving them the opportunity to be part of a team, build strength and confidence, and push themselves farther—on the field and off.
- All applications will need to be completed online by both the applicant, mentor, and parent/guardian.
- Spring application deadline April 1 - grant funds will not be distributed before May 20
- Fall application deadline October 1 - grant funds will not be distributed before November 20
Grant Application Guidelines
- The grant application is open to all K-12th grade Minnesota residents who identify as a girl and is inclusive of cisgender, transgender, gender non-conforming, and gender non-binary people.
- Grant requests may not exceed $500 total.
- Each applicant must have an adult mentor who will guide her through the application process and, if funded, the registration process for the activity being funded.
- The mentor cannot be an immediate family member (not the girl’s parent, guardian, brother, sister, aunt, or uncle), the activity provider, or an employee of the activity provider.
- Applications must be completed by both applicant and mentor, and must be signed by a parent/guardian of the applicant.
- Grants are awarded only once to a girl - former grant recipients may not re-apply.
- Each applicant must apply on her own - group applications will not be considered.
- The activity being funded must begin after the grant notification date of November 20 for fall applications and May 20 for spring applications.
- Activity must be completed by high school graduation.
- The grant check for the activity will be written and sent directly to the activity provider as listed on the application.
- Each grantee and mentor will be required to complete a grant follow-up survey after completion of the activity.
How to Apply Online
- Click here to begin your application online.
- Create a FluidReview account with a valid e-mail address. The email address you use as the account email address will be the primary email address the Ann Bancroft Foundation uses to communicate with the applicant - ex. grant notification, follow-up questions, etc.
- Please be sure to have a correct email address as the account email and one that you will be checking regularly.
- All fields within the application are required to move on to the next page(s) throughout the application.
- Please answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. It is important the the girl herself answer the questions (not the mentor/parent/guardian on her behalf).
- The login information used to create the account will be needed for the mentor to complete their section of the application - we encourage the girl and mentor to complete the application together. This way, the mentor may help the applicant (if needed) and complete their section of the response questions.
- All applicants must press the "submit" button for the application to be considered complete and move forward into review.
Selection and Notification Process
- Once the application is submitted, it will be screened by a representative from the Ann Bancroft Foundation before going to the granting committee to ensure that it is complete and valid.
- The Granting Committee will not review applications until after the grant cycle deadline. The review and selection process will take 4-7 weeks.
- Applicants will be notified of their grant status on or before the grant notification date (May 20 or November 20) via an email to the primary email address on the application account —all decisions are final.
- Mentors will also be notified via email of their mentee's grant status - please make sure the mentor's email address listed in the application is valid and correct.
- Grant awards will then be sent directly to activity providers 2-3 weeks after the notification date (early June or early December).
Please direct all questions to Ann Bancroft Foundation by calling 612-338-5752 or e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: The Ann Bancroft Foundation wants our grant applications to be accessible to everyone. If you are unable to complete an online application, please contact us so we may work with you to complete the application offline. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (612) 338-5752 x 191.